Thursday, February 14, 2013

I love books, Valentines Day edition

Happy Valentines Day everyone! Usually I'm not really into this holiday but quite honestly a lot of awesome has been going on and I'm totally killing it. So lets celebrate the season with my first true loves: books!

Last night (or maybe early this morning who can tell) the New York Times bestseller list came out. Guess what? It's the first time a book I worked on made the list. Hooray! My Art Director and I had an intense revamp of the hardcover edition, causing a lot of internet buzzing and well I suppose people like it. Congratulations to Shatter Me! 

Second, Skottie Young and Neil Gaiman tweeted their first collaboration (and my current obsession), Fortunately, The Milk earlier this week. And according to my Twitter stalking, their readers/fans are loving it! So i think it's ok for me to share on my humble blog. While it'll be some time before I can share the interior, the cover snap in all it's glory:

Just hug it, you know you want to.

Yea that's not the professional digital copy that's online but a sweet picture of my bulletin board at work. There are several of Skotties sketches and finals surrounding that Sales Conference proof, and every day I look at it I love the whole lot a little more.

I was thinking about how much I loved this book while waiting for my taco fix from Domo Taco. I thought to myself, how lucky am I to work on a book so well cared for by both artist and illustrator? How much more awesome could this even get? Then I saw my reflection in the store front and realized I'd dressed like a girl Johnny Depp—or Slash either way....

Johnny Depp hat & hair, Slash jacket & pants

I'm pretty pleased with myself as you can tell. 

Have a great Valentines Day, lovers of books and words . . . and/or tacos.


2 comments:

  1. I love this blog post. Yay for all your successes!!<3 Happy Valentines Day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovers of you. And your Deppness.

    ReplyDelete